Friday, December 20, 2013

Those Aren't Crickets You're Hearing


It's the sound of internal cogs turning and the clickety-clickety of a keyboard in fervent use.

Judging only by published posts, a reasonable person might assume I have fallen off the face of the planet, or possibly just been off gallivanting around the town completely having forsaken this little forum known as Full and Content.

A person might think that, but they'd be wrong.

Nope. I haven't been slacking (though I have been doing plenty of gallivanting around town, but that's nothing new). I've been in thinker mode. Planning. Researching. Brushing up on a needed skill or two. Plotting. Brainstorming. Scribbling. Sketching. Generally doing all the things that need to be done before beginning a complete overhaul of a website.

Yep. That's right. Enough of this infuriatingly limited freebie template. It's going to seem a little more quiet than usual for a while longer, but I promise it's not because I have forsaken you. And I have not lost my interest in blabbering on about barbecue, fresh veggies, what completely inappropriate thing was said too loudly while having drinks with friends, how frustrating it can be that my kiddos only want to eat crap, or any of the other things I regularly do in this space. Au contraire. This is happening because I'm cranking this baby up to eleven.

ELEVEN.

And it's been a long time coming.

Prototyping, building, testing, rebuilding, reshooting, content converting, more testing, and then finally publishing begins as soon as the holiday celebrating is over. I work fast. I work effectively. And I am my own worst nightmare of self-taskmaster. So while there is a lot of behind the scenes work to be done, the quiet will not last forever, and I'll still poke my head in for a quick hello… plus you can always find me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

I do have a small favor to ask of you. While things are still in wireframe mode, I'd love some informal feedback from people on how you use this site, just to keep in my head while I play with various organizational options. Short and sweet is fine, no need for an essay (unless you want to do that), just let me know what you tend to check out most (or would like to see more or less of), such as:

  • recipes
  • stories
  • interviews
  • browsing photos
  • reviews
  • restaurant guides
  • specific categories of content (barbecue, CSA, cooking with/for kids, school farm, restaurants, Meatless Monday, etc.)
  • anything else you think is relevant

Feel free to leave a comment below or send me your thoughts on Facebook or Twitter.

Your input would be much, much appreciated. I would like to make this as relevant to people as possible, and as always I am so grateful for all of you guys and for the community that has built up around this site. Thanks much.

5 comments:

  1. My favorites are photos for sure. Interviews and restaurant guides are always great too. I can't wait to see the new look! Way to go Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Photo's are always a favorite, but you have to cover all aspects. I think you are doing fine just like you are. Your blog is pleasing to the eyes, nicely written, easy to get around. Recipes are sought out a lot in Google, so they are definitely a biggie. Drew

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Drew! It will be more pleasing to the eye when all is said and done. ;)

      Delete
  3. Hi there,

    Your blog page is just too perfect for our project, I don’t know how to catch your attention but hopefully you could spare me a minute to read this message

    It is noticeable that there is a great number of tasty recipes on your blog and we would like to suggest you to have a look at the “Top Food Blog” section on our recently launched site, the www.mytaste.com . Our site is a search engine that gathers all the best recipes from all major worldwide blogs and websites in one place.

    We would like to give you an opportunity to add your food blog to the list and have your recipes indexed on our site, all you have to do is add your blog URL here: http://www.mytaste.com/add-your-food-blog

    Our project is the second biggest worldwide when it comes to recipe search, and it’s already live in 37 countries, including countries in Europe, Asia, Middle-East, Australia, South America and South Africa. We deliver thousands of visitors to food blogs daily. Some of the top food blogs receive at least 20,000 visitors from us on a weekly basis.

    This is something you can do to make your blog more visible and be exposed to a lot of people in United States and around the world; this can help your blog page to get more visitors and increase traffic.

    You help us, we help you.

    Hopefully your food blog will be up there in the top!

    You can also find us on:
    Facebook and twitter

    If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us at info@mytaste.com.

    ReplyDelete